Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One Month

I can't believe one month has already passed!  I guess when you're having fun and enjoying doing God's work, time flies.  Since last week, it has been pretty much the same.  I've been taking Thai language classes on M,W,F and teaching English on Tu, Th.  Only thing different is that Junya, Pastor JJ's wife, has come back from the States, so it has been good to have her back in Thailand and catch up with her.  Beginning tomorrow, April 7, I'll be heading out to Bangkok and Pattaya, which is like 2 hours east of Bangkok, with the Hwang's and the Soh's.  The main reason we are heading out to Southern Thailand is that both the Hwang's and the Soh's will be helping out at a retreat/conference that Chiang Mai Fellowship Church (the church we go to) will be attending.  The conference will be held at Pattaya from April13-15, which is also the days of the Songkran Festival, which is essentially Thailand's New Year's celebration (click on link for more info).  You might be wondering why we're leaving so early then, well this is also where both families kids have a two week spring break from school, so essentially this becomes their vacation time.  With this time, the families are going to travel to Bangkok for some sight seeing and hit up the beaches of Pattaya, and I'll be tagging along, I am excited for this week.  I will definitley post up pictures of this trip, after I get back.

On a different note, church this past Sunday was awesome.  I've been going to Chiang Mai Fellowship Church (CMFC) for a month now, and each time during praise I'm tremendously blessed.  This past week has been especially good because I actually just spent some time listening to others in the congregation praising God, and I was just overwhelmed by the conviction in which these people were singing and praising Jesus, and it reminded me of Psalm 86:9 (ESV):
"All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name."
Just the fact that I can worship the Lord our God with people from other nations as they praise in their language and I in mine in unison is breath taking.  To see that God is working in Thailand and that I can be a part of it is humbling.  Seriously after last Sunday, I can't wait for the day when all the nations come together and exalt our God who is deserving of all our praise!

All leave it at that, and hope everyone has a blessed week!

This is a view of Pattaya, it's very close to the beach, and there are islands that are right off the coast, Pastor JJ said we might go to one of the islands!

My gecko has made an appearance, if you look closely, this is the same gecko who lost its tail because of me.  See the nub for its tail.

2 comments:

  1. hi frankie. it's so good to have some news from you but even better to know you're enjoying to serve others and our God. I hope you have a blessed time a retreat. you're in our prayers.
    tk,

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you? frank~ I'm a pastor(KM Young-Adult) Jang of SJNH CRC.(I believe you remember me. ^^)
    I'm happy to hear that you are doing well. I will keep praying for you. God bless you and your ministry.

    ReplyDelete