Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hitting the Proverbial Wall

Let's see another week has come and gone, and it has been more of the same routine.  Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I go to Corner Stone Language School to learn Thai and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I tutor English to Korean kids and volunteers.  As I've gotten into a steady routine, I think I've seen myself get too comfortable with where I am.  In part, I've been lacking spiritually.  What I mean is, as I've gotten used to my daily routine, I'll do 30 min devotions (reading/praying), half-assing it (sorry for my language), and to put it bluntly, I was paying lip service to God.  So with that, to say that I haven't been struggling spiritually would be a lie.  As I struggled, my flesh and my spirit definitely waged war, and it did affect me to a degree, my heart was not all there when I tutored or studied.  I definitely felt like a was complaining a bit more than usual, and most importantly I didn't have the joy of the LORD in me.  Luckily God reminded me of just how sinful and selfish I was being, and reminded all the more that I need to guard my heart seek Him at all times.  For that I am very thankful, and because the LORD has chastised me, I can better serve Him!  God continues to refine me for His glory!

Only other thing of note is, I went up to Wiang Pa Pao last weekend, and I got to visit one of the hill tribe villages.  It's the home of one of the Jasper Kids, Piyawan, and I definitely enjoyed my time there.  I actually held a very simple conversation in Thai with one of the villagers, so I am extremely pleased that my Thai language schools are slowly progressing.  Praise the Lord!

Another important thing is, as May approaches, the Jasper Kids staff is starting back up again as the Thai children return to school.  As the staff prepares for the new semester, we've also started planning for the summer mission teams that will come to Thailand this summer, so there will be a lot of planning to do in the upcoming month.  Please pray that God will give the Jasper Kids wisdom in planning for the new semester as well as for the summer mission teams.  Also pray, that I may not fall prey to the comforts of my surroundings, that I will always be alert and always keep my eyes on the LORD and strive glorify Him.

1 comment:

  1. dang you're going to be a thai master by the time you get back. that's cool how youre' learning the language though. wow summer mission teams coming to jion you guys - any from your church this year?

    ReplyDelete